Tuesday, July 8, 2014

'Gone Girl' debuts intense new trailer

One of my most anticipated films of this year is Gone Girl, the new David Fincher movie based off of the popular book. I haven't read the book yet and I probably won't before the movie comes out, but I'm still really excited for this film. Gone Girl stars Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, two great actors who can really do a lot with good material. The supporting cast also includes weird choices like Neil Patrick Harris and Tyler Perry, both of whom are interesting picks for a serious drama. And finally, Gone Girl is directed by David Fincher, who has directed so many brilliant films in the past (The Social Network, Fight Club). What more do I have to say? A few months ago, a fantastic teaser was released and it generated a lot of talk around the internet. Yesterday, a new trailer was released, which gives us a better idea of what to expect. Take a look:


Let me get this out of the way first: this trailer is not as good as the first one. The teaser played like a montage and it did a fantastic job. This new trailer was a bit weird. It felt confusing at times and it never gives a clear picture of what the story will be. However, the film still looks great and I know that Fincher will do a great job. This trailer really establishes the mood of the film and I like where it's going. We'll finally get to see this one for ourselves on October 3, 2014 when the film is released. All I can say is that I'm impressed so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment